As we know today high prices of real estate in modern cities have propelled air-tight developments and compact construction which necessitate accommodation of large number of high speed production machinery, office complexes and sensitive machinery and equipments in the same buildings. Thus, mezzanine floors and upper floors are often added as a cost-effective way to increase square footage not only for storage but also for production purposes. As a result, newer buildings often do not dampen vibrations as well as older ones.
Add to this the noise and vibrations transmitted from nearby construction, manufacturing, transportation systems or HVAC installations in the same buildings. Moreover, builders save cost on modern floor slabs by making them thinner and lighter and increasing column spacing. This tends to make modern composite floors flexible and oscillatory.
And of course, vibrations are present in all operations involving machines and motion due to inherent exciting forces. But, such excessive vibrations, may lead to structural and mechanical failures, frequent breakdown and maintenance of machines, human discomfort and noise. Hence, cost effective measures need to be taken to reduce the vibrations within acceptable limits.
DYNEMECH vibration dampeners provide lower natural frequency than the frequency of the suspended floor (generally, the natural frequency of the pads should less than half of the frequency of the suspended floor) so that resonance is avoided besides, decreasing vibration amplitudes.
Dynemech has significant experiences in such scenarios as:
1. Installed many machines on suspended floors
2. Installation of machines which produce shock and vibration on operation like punch presses, shears next to the precision machines.
3. Sensitive machinery like Coordinate measuring machines(CMM) have been installed near press shop
4. Vibration Damping of Heavy duty power presses in residential areas
5. Highly dynamic machines like rubber mixing mill are accommodated on first floor
6. HVAC Equipments like Compressors , blowers have been installed on suspended floors
Reviewed by 78 Users